Altered CD Swap...

Being I'm a member of the Facebook group, Girls, Giggles, Glitter, and Glue, I occasionally participate in swaps. I signed up for the altered CD swap.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I searched Pinterest and decided to do a monochromatic altered CD in pink because that was the only preference my swap partner requested. My swap partner wanted it pink and to be pretty.

However, I didn't go that route because once I started, I had a light bulb  moment and my monochromatic idea went out the window. As you see in the pictures, I went a completely different route.

Although, I got the pink...The pretty? Well, let's just hope my swap partner likes it. :) I did spend a lot of time working on it. I always give my best work as I expect the same in return. By looking at her work, I know I won't be disappointed. She does gorgeous crafts.

I also made a card that coordinates with the CD. I used flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I altered two white boxes with matching paper from the DCWV paper collection, Vintage Collector. I cut strips of matching 12x12 paper and made crinkle paper for the boxes. I used all different kinds of things from my stash. I put a magnet on the back of the CD.





I'm sending it out later today so I'm hoping my swap partner will not see my blog until she receives her box. I had a lot of fun with this swap and maybe this will inspire you to make an altered CD.

Thanks so much for reading my blog. Happy Crafting!

XOXOXO

Dawn

No comments:

Handmade "Graphic 45" Pocket Size Travelers Notebooks Planners

Making and selling these traveler's notebook planners is not what I thought it will be. Hmmm? More time spent in the planning stage than...