Hurricane Vase Centerpiece Ideas...

My project for today is an altered  hurricane vase I can use for the next three major holidays. I wanted something I could use for my table centerpiece by just switching out a few elements and be able to use it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I scowled the Internet looking for hurricane vase ideas, hurricane vase centerpieces, and hurricane vase decoration ideas for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

So, I brushed on white glue diluted with water on the all sides of the hurricane vase. I then sprinkle gold glitter all over it. I sprayed hairspray on the vase to help set the glitter.

For the center of the vase, I used pine cones I already have in my stash. I used plain ones and the ones glittered in gold and silver.

So, for the diy Halloween vase I wrapped black lace around the vase and made bow in front. I attached two small purple ornaments to the bow. I then place a few purple ornaments on top of the pine cones. I used glue dots to attach the bats to the vase. Viola, you have a gold glitter Halloween hurricane vase for your table centerpiece.


For Thanksgiving, I wrapped a 1 inch orange ribbon around the vase and knotted it in the front. I then made a bow with some brown silk wire ribbon. I took a vintage orange flower brooch and pinned it to the bow. I used thick double sided tape to attach the bow to the knot on the vase. Viola, you now have a gold glitter Thanksgiving hurricane vase for your table centerpiece.


Finally, for Christmas, I wanted some glamorous. I wanted something in red and gold. So, I took a set of red and gold beads and wrapped around the vase in an angle. Attached it to the vase with double sided tape. On top I put some large jingle bells in red and gold. I attached a bouquet sprig of pine cones and red berries in the beads. Attached a K & Company Christmas Tag with red ribbon and dangled it from the beads. Viola, finally you have a gold glitter Christmas hurricane vase for your table centerpiece.


You have what I call a 3 in 1 holiday vase. By switching out a few elements, you can make decorating for the holidays easy peasy. It doesn't have to be complicated, nor perfect. Just have fun and remember Bob Ross's famous saying "there's no mistakes just happy accidents".

XOXOXO

Dawn


No comments:

Handmade "Graphic 45" Pocket Size Travelers Notebooks Planners

Making and selling these traveler's notebook planners is not what I thought it will be. Hmmm? More time spent in the planning stage than...